Monday, December 17, 2012

Dead in the Water: Darkness Falls and The Cure

I will never make secret of the fact that there is no genre of film that I love more than horror. I was weaned on classics like Jaws and the original Friday the 13th and a good time for me is a Dawn of the Dead/Fright Night/Kairo marathon. So, you could have imagined my delight when, about a year and a half ago, Dom was attached not one, but *two* horror movies.

The first was to have been Darkness Falls. I was quite keen on the fact that it was to be made by the 2006 winners of the Sundance Film Festival. And really, Imogen Poots and Julie Christie (otherwise known to me as the chick who got to sorta kinda bump parts with Donald Sutherland once) as co stars? Yeah, those two proudly reign as two of my few girl crushes so bingo bango bitzo, I would have been sooo there if it had been filmed.



Imogen Poots
Julie Christie


Screendaily.com's synopsis was:
Cooper is being lined up to play a tough, handsome, working class vampire who cruises the pubs of Newcastle, England on a Saturday night to feed on drunken young women, then returns to his faithful aging hemophiliac wife (Julie Christie). But his status quo changes when he falls in love with an upper-class science student (Imogen Poots).



So yea, Dom playing a vampire (for what would have been the first time)? Love it. No word on the film since 2010 so it is probably safe to say this one is going to remain in its coffin.



Liv Tyler
Then we have The Cure. First heard about this one when Liv Tyler (or as I lovingly call her, Steven Tyler Jr.) was in talks to play the Mrs. to Dom's Mr.--or as ShocktilYouDrop put it:

Liv Tyler and Dominic Cooper may be close to joining The Cure, a thriller directed by The Last House on the Left helmer Dennis Iliadis that has been in different stages of development since 2009.

Captain America co-star Dominic Cooper would play a man who takes drastic measures when searching for a cure for his ailing wife (Tyler). He turns his spouse over to a bizarre doctor, and the "cure" that’s administered turns the wife into a blood-thirsty savage.

The Cure would work off of a script by Beau Thorne, who penned Mark Wahlberg’s video game adaptation Max Payne. It would mark Tyler’s return to horror after 2008’s The Strangers (She’s even attached to a Strangers sequel.) She also has a fondness for fantasy thrillers, starring in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and Marvel’s reboot of The Incredible Hulk.


Ok--that synopsis may sound silly, but damn it. I would have loved it. So what if I would have been one of only 35 people in the world who would have actually stood in line to see it? But I digress.

At one time, this one *did* actually have a page on IMDB, but I haven't even seen neither hyde nor hair regarding anything else in when it comes to this movie in a loooong time.

Come to think of it, I haven't heard anything else about that Strangers sequel lately either.  But again, I digress.



No comments:

Post a Comment